Wednesday, November 28, 2007

An Unexpected Old Mail

New Mail received from Outlook System Administrator saying my mail has reached the limit size. So of course first thing to do is to delete some unnecessary mails especially not work-related. First look for deleted items and delete them permanently followed by sent items which are not that important, then check the Inbox. After checking the mailbox, clean up the archive folders.

I started deleting the oldest mails and there it is. I canceled the confirmation message for this email because it got my attention. The subject is "Don't Quit" sent by Romil Rentuaya on August 5, 2005. "Cno 2?" Hmmm, I didn't know him and I don't remember him either. And the recipients were:
Radhakrishnan Nageswaran; Nihar Sahoo; Wayne Ching; Syam Veeramachaneni; Vivek Seth; Pruthwiraj Sahoo; Satish Kumar K; Satya Sabella; Noel C. Branzuela; Ethelbert de Leon; Rakesh Bansal; Nhu Le; Ray Nightingale; Andres Gonzalez; Zealand Hatch; Sarah Marrs; Ella Lin; i_mnl

hehehe! Foreigners except i_mnl which is the Verifone Manila branch. Hmmm, I didn't remember that a Romil Rentuaya had sent this such inspiring poem. Maybe some of you who are wide readers know this author already. Here it is. I hope it will help some who were in deep distress, difficulties and in the midst of confusion and most especially those who, little by little, are losing hope.

Don't Quit

Joe David Harrison

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,

When the road you're trudging seems all uphill.

When the funds are low and the debts are high,

And you want to smile but you have to sigh,

When care is pressing you down a bit,

Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,

As every one of us sometimes learns,

And many a failure turns about

When he might have won had he stuck it out;

Don't give up though the pace seems slow --

You may succeed with another blow.

Success is failure turned inside out --

The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,

And you never can tell how close you are,

It may be near when it seems so far;

So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit --

It's when things seem worst that you must not quit!




5 comments:

  1. I will not acquiesce in on it. I assume nice post. Particularly the appellation attracted me to be familiar with the whole story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genial brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @anonymous: thanks for the comments...i'm glad my blog has positive impact on you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    Very nice and intrestingss story.

    ReplyDelete